Use this domain for words related to smelting--melting rocks to get metal out of them.

OMC Codes: 
325 Metallurgy
327 Iron and Steel Industry
  • What words refer to melting rocks to get metal out of them?
    smelt (metal ore), melt
  • What words refer to rocks that have metal in them?
  • What tools and equipment are used to get metal out of rocks?
    furnace, forge, crucible
  • What words refer to the material left over after metal has been taken out of rocks?
    slag, slagheap, dross