Use this domain for technical linguistic terms that refer to grammatical words and constructions. Most languages have few if any words in this domain.
- What words refer to the study of grammar?grammar, syntax, morphology
- What words refer to types of grammatical words?noun, verb, adjective, adverb, conjunction, preposition, particle, article, word, participle, infinitive, part of speech, compound, derivative
- What words refer to types of grammatical constructions?phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph
- What words refer to parts of words?root, stem, affix, prefix, suffix, ending, morpheme,
- What words are used to talk about grammar?inflect, inflection, case, decline, declension, conjugate, conjugation, parse, paradigm, rule, singular, plural
- What words are used to talk about the sounds of a language?letter, consonant, vowel, syllable